June 17, 2009

Introducing................

Miss Tamika Joyce Hutchison.

Our little girl is finally here! She was born at 3.45pm on Monday afternoon (15/6) weighing 7 pound 3 oz. She's very small, not at all like the monster baby that we were led to believe we were going to have! I took 0000/000 size clothes with me to the hospital but they are too big for her. Looks like she is going into 00000 for a few weeks. Not something I expected I can tell you.




She spent 5 hours in the Special Care Nursery at the Mater Hospital as she inhaled/swallowed meconium at and before birth which made her quite sick. She was working very hard to breathe when she born so the decision was made straight away to whisk her away in a humidicrib to SCN. I can't speak highly enough of the Midwife that I had in the Delivery Room and also the SCN Nurses. They made us feel so much more at ease with their explanations of what was happening. We came home on Tuesday night.

Shane turned 4 today so it's been a pretty full on week for me.
I think I need a rest now.

Bye for now.

Jo.
xx

8 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

Big big big congratulations Jo. She's cute as. What a fantastic day to be born lol.

Shazz said...

CONGRATS Jo and family. what a little sweetie she is.
glad she is ok and hope you get a chance to rest up.
Happy Birthday to Master Shane too.
take care and enjoy your new little princess xo

Ceci said...

Congrats Jo...she is still a nice healthy size though! Hope you get lots of rest. :)

Anonymous said...

Big Congrats to you all. She is absolutely beautful.


Big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Shane as well

Take Care
Melinda
xxx

Jeepie said...

Jo, you look fantastic. Congratulations again

Love Leisa

Jenny said...

Congratulations Jo on the safe arrival of your beautiful baby daughter. She looks so tiny. I reckon that if you are going to have a baby then it may as well be really small, as long as it is healthy. :) I'm looking forward to seeing more pics.

Love Jenny

Angela said...

Yay Jo! She is just beautiful. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the whole birthing thing...I think we have an ancient right to demand 40 days of bed rest or something...
looking forward to meeting her soon,
Ang
PS Happy Birthday to little Shane too. I still remember seeing him as a newbie too!

LouiseG said...

Congratulations.
I will come to see you soon!